Digital Marketing/Communications Intern
This role is an essential part of driving brand awareness and improving digital communications that positively builds brand awareness. The Digital Marketing/Communications Intern will support and optimize our digital marketing programs. In addition, this role will track campaign progress, develop digital marketing materials, source images, manage online assets, streamline digital marketing products, and handle general digital marketing activities at the direction of senior staff. We are an environment where you’ll get real world experience as you learn.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Lead email marketing campaigns: use a/b testing methods to drive traffic & conversions; develop logical workflows for lead nurturing and retargeting campaigns
- Gain in-depth knowledge of GiveWP for online campaign management
- Oversee website and product integration and manage web developer relationships.
- Optimize website for UX experience
- Update and maintain website content, ensuring content is accurate and approved
- Create and manage mailing lists within CRM/Donor database
- Work with outside ad services (Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Mailchimp, etc.), website teams & SEO services to manage SEO campaigns and content integration
- Manage the marketing technology lineup of software and products
- Support other marketing initiatives
- Work with internal public relations director to ensure consistent message across all platforms
- Analyze media and 3rd party websites/forums/blogs/social media pages and prepare detailed marketing reports on performance and engagement
- Develop engagement strategies to maintain a positive brand conversation
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and improvement of digital marketing strategy through weekly and monthly analytics reporting
Job Requirements & Qualifications and/or willingness to learn:
- Google Analytics experience or certification
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premier a plus, GIMP, online tools such as Canva, etc.
- Understanding of marketing automation, well-versed in email automation workflows
- Understanding of web, mobile, and other digital services
- Ability to recommend, implement and optimize campaigns
- Aptitude for data analysis and ability to understand results
- Passion for emerging technologies and researching marketing trends
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to use/learn MacBook/Apple environment
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor any discrepancies in payment, monitor for charges made on credit cards and record any returns.
- Organize a financial filing system that is easily accessible.
- Prepare accounting reports to be presented to senior management.
- Track all payments made for tax preparation and follow up on returns.
- Speak to clients about payments, refunds and statements.
- Ensure that all clients receive their financial statements on time.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements, making sure that the final figures on statements are correct.
- Assist with the balancing of the office/department budget.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must either be a recent graduate or in the process of completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting.
- Proficient with computers and different finance software programs.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to work without distraction.
- Must have completed introductory accounting courses and have a basic understanding of financial principles.
- Attention to detail to prevent any form of mistake that may occur in the process of documenting financial information.
- Must be a team player and motivated to learn with a strong desire to take on a new challenge.